iOS developer provides a unique feature for its iPhone devices that is “Weather Widget.” This feature can be easily accessed even on the locked screen. It can be enabled with; “Do Not Disturb.” Once the feature is enabled, you will be able to view the current temperature and weather forecasts for upcoming days by glancing on the iPhone display.
However, there is no open application or feature on iOS that tells you weather forecasts when the screen is locked as we found on Android devices, but there is a hidden feature. It will display the weather report on the locked display of the iPhone.
This feature is available just like the side effect of “DND” over various editions of iOS devices running on iOS 12 or above.
Here is how to enable the weather forecasting feature just on your Apple smartphone. You have to follow these instructions to do the same with ease:
Enabling Weather Forecast Feature
If you wish to enable the Weather Forecasting feature on your device, you have to schedule “DND” on your device.
Note: Once you have scheduled Do not Disturb on your device, all the incoming notifications will be muted from your device.
- Launch the Settings app on your device and navigate the “Do Not Disturb.”
- After that, hit the toggle available just after the tab “Scheduled.” As you have set up the device’s schedule, there is no need to activate the Do Not Disturb feature.
- Next, set up the beginning and finishing time for the DND feature. To see weather forecasts very early, you have to set the end time around 10 to 15 minutes prior to waking up.
- At last, hit the toggle located just after the option “Dim Lock Screen.” This feature will automatically dim the lock screen and thus ensure that the light won’t flash on the screen when you receive fresh notifications. New Notifications will go to the Notification Center, and it won’t display at the lock screen until the DND schedule is completed.
- After that, return to the Settings app’s primary screen and then hit the option “Privacy.”
- Now, choose the option “Location Services” there.
- After that, select the Weather application to launch.
- Next, hit the tab “While Using App” to provide Weather app permissions to view and use your particular location to display all the local forecasts of your location.
If you are all set, when you wake up in the upcoming morning and once the DND schedule ends, you will be able to view the weather report there directly on your Lock display of your smartphone. There was various information available such as current temperature, rain possibilities, and humidity too.
Enabling DND on iOS 12 or 13
In case you wish to view the local area weather directly on your iPhone running on iOS 12 or above such as iOS 13, you can follow these steps:
- First and foremost, tap the Settings app to open on your device.
- After that, select the option “DND” (Do Not Disturb) via the Settings page.
- Then, activate the schedule there. It is recommended to enable both “Scheduled” and “bedtime.”
- Now, you have to adjust the time as per your requirement via the section “From” and “To” that suits your schedule. The “To” time is when you wish the weather widget to appear on your device’s screen.
- Then, return to the primary screen of the Settings page.
- After that, navigate to the Privacy section and then hit the “Location Services” there.
- Search for the Weather application situated into the section of the Location Services display. Then select the option “Always” for the permission of accessing your local weather.
- Finally, you have to exit from the expanded window.
Note: You can disable the DND and Weather forecast feature at any time in the future.